A clean and clear face is a dream of everyone. It gives you confidence and increases your self-esteem. But different factors can tamper with your dream of a perfect face. Conditions like acne and blackheads are obstacles to having your dream face. But with current development, some technologies help you solve such problems and make your skin fresh and glowing. Acne is one such common condition that everybody must be tired of. You must have tried different things, but it keeps getting back. Hence, it’s necessary to find the right acne treatment Singapore.
What are different facial problems?
- Acne: Acne is a set of skin problems such as pimples, cysts, blackheads, etc. It is the most common condition faced by almost everyone.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: Due to aging, skin loses its elasticity. This leads to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. It is an indicator of the aging of the skin.
- Sun: Sun rays can lead to the formation of sunspots and sunburns.
- Hyperpigmentation: When the percentage of melanin increases in your skin, it leads to pigmentation and uneven tone.
- Dry skin: The underlying conditions behind dark skin are weather and genetics.
Acne – Introduction and cause
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions, defined as pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. There can be several reasons behind the formation of acne.
- Overproduction of oil: There is a gland in our skin responsible for producing oil. The purpose of the oil is moisturization. If the oil is produced in excess amounts, it can clog hair follicles. This helps bacteria grow.
- Dead skin cells: If dead skin cells get accumulate, it can lead to the formation of pimples.
- Bacteria: If the hair follicle is clogged, it creates a breeding ground for bacteria. This leads to inflammation of that part.
- Hormonal changes: Many conditions can create hormonal disbalance in your body. Under such conditions, there can be acne breakouts.
- Genetics: Acne can run in families, and certain genetic factors may make some people more susceptible to developing acne.
- Medications: There are certain medicines whose side effect can be acne.
What are different treatments suitable for acne?
There is an availability of a variety of acne treatments Singapore. You can choose the ones suitable for your skin.
- Topical treatments: The creams and gels can be applied to the skin directly. They can help to unclog the pores and reduce inflammation.
- Antibiotics: To reduce the bacteria which cause acne, you can take antibiotics.
- Hormonal therapy: Hormonal therapy, such as birth control pills, can regulate hormones and reduce acne breakouts in women.
- Light and laser therapy: Laser can help to kill the bacteria causing acne. It can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Extractions: If no other option is left, you can opt for the extraction process. In this process, the dermatologist extracts blackheads and whiteheads.